I made a list of essential supplies to practice silk flower making art:
– Soldering irons with 16 interchangeable tools that permit to mold silk petals and leaves. I took a 2nd one not to wait the 1st to cool to change the tools. It is not only convenient but also safer with this kind of tools;
– A rigid foam pad (that I will cover with a cotton fabric);
– Soldering iron stands;
– Aniline silk paints: 2 sets of basic colors and some complementary colors that attracted my attention. I found some powder pigments during a trip in Venise, Italy at the shop l’Arcobaleno Pigments that I wanted to test);
– Various silks: pongée, taffetas, satin, dupioni, thick silk;
– Florist wires;
– Hard glue, soft glue;
– Stiffener for fabrics;
– Florist paper tape to cover the stems or assemble several flower or leaves stems. There are different colors available (white, green light or darker, brown).
I am ready now!
The following steps?
I will make a pouch to arrange my tools, brushes and pliers, I will try to make my own homemade stamens and then I will start my 1st hand painted silk rose.